Day 2; Exploring and New Experiences!

Bonjour!

I am starting to feel like a real tourist now!!! Today my global discovery team visited numerous locations all over Montreal. We all started out with complementary breakfast in our glorious hotel, then we hopped upon a double decker bus for a tour around the enormous city.  The tour guide and the bus driver were both very friendly men who were extremely eager to explain the sights and history of their French culture. The tour included several different “must see” places which included:

Old Montreal: A historic part of the city with so much to do including boat tours, museums, and many other significant attractions. 

Montreal museum of Fine Arts:  This is a 4 story museum with many famous pieces of art including Pablo Picasso and a whole exhibit dedicated to Napoleon Bonaparte.  

Saint Catherine Street: This is the main downtown area of Montreal.  It was so much fun and there were so many stores and restaurants in this area.  There were people playing instruments and there is usually a lot of free entertainment in this area.

St. Josephs Oratory: This was such an amazing learning opportunity that my group got to explore. This was a huge cathedral that included the biggest organ in the world.  The actual cathedral is actually the second biggest in the world.  Outside the Cathedral was a nice walk way that showed the story of Jesus Christ.  I enjoyed learning about Catholicism.  There were cathedrals located all over Montreal, but this was a magnificent one that showed the whole city once you climbed to the top. 

Mount Royal Park:  Was a beautiful area where we could take pictures and it is also a place where people can go and take runs.The tour guide describe it as “the mountains” and you can see the whole city from the top.

Some other things that I saw on the bus tour included universities, book stores, rich boutiques, hospitals, cemeteries and so much more.  We stopped for lunch in a underground place that reminded me of a food court with very affordable dishes in different restaurants.  After lunch, we headed over to the Museum of Fine Arts which was very nice and relaxing.  This museum had a huge variety of art and history.  We finished exploring the sites of the tour, and got ready for dinner.  Our instructor insisted we try a famous restaurant by the name of Schwartzs!

So after our lovely bus tour we hiked over to the world famous restaurant, Schwartzs.  The walk was rather long and it was chilly outside so I bought my very own bright red Canadian hoodie. Along the streets we saw a great deal of Canadian hockey jerseys because they played NY hockey team, the Rangers today. Once we arrived, there was a line of people waiting outside, so we knew the food had to be good. This hideaway is known for “smoked meat” that is prepared daily.  Schwartzs was a very good experience and very filling.  I left there stuffed! You will definitely get your monies worth at this place.   After Schwartsz we checked out a coffee shop called Tim Hortons which reminds me of Starbucks. Here I enjoyed the best caramel latte. After this long day we headed back to the hotel to relax just for a little while before our next adventure.  Soon we were headed to a nice quite cafe to enjoy hot tea (also my first time trying herbal tea, delicious).  Here my global discoveries group really got to bond and talk about our experiences in Canada thus far.  We all have learned a lot about each other in just 2 days!

Today was wonderful! Only one more day left so we must make it count.

-salut

D’Vashe’