The Finale!

Hé!

Day 3 in Montreal was quite the adventure if I do say so myself.  I am starting to get use to people approaching me in French, then switching to English with no problem.  It seems as if everyone here is bilingual. My team started out at Chateau Ramezay which is a Historic site and museum of Montreal. This was a very interactive museum which actually explained the history of how Montreal became the lively place that it is today.  Over the years this current museum served as the house of the mayor, a university, a military base, and much more.  It is over 400 years old and named “One of the 1001 Historic Sites you must see before you die”.  The next place we visited was Notre-Dame Basilica which is a majestic cathedral located at the heart of downtown. The designs inside this building were so beautiful, detailed, and unique.  I have never seen anything so graceful everything from the ceiling, chairs, windows looked handcrafted.  The creator of this cathedral really did a stunning job.  We got to tour this cathedral and afterwards, we decided to take a boat tour. The boat tour took my group to islands near Montreal that were too far to walk to.The female tour guide was strikingly charming and very knowledgeable of the islands we toured.  She explained tons of history while answering any questions passengers had.  Some of the places we saw included: A bridge that was once part of the “wonders of the world” because it was the longest bridge built at the time that could sustain the Canadian winters. A Canadian theme park that has a roller coaster that reaches 101 kilometers.  We also viewed condos that sold for 6 million dollars that were originally huge refrigerators when they were first established. One of the last attractions I remember was a hotel with a glass roof that  makes you feel as if its summer year round. After this exciting tour we grabbed lunch at an American French styled restaurant called Eggspectation. This particular restaurant was present upon many streets in Montreal and is very popular. They were very busy at lunch time, and they had a huge variety of choices from breakfast to dinner. The next thing we did was set off on foot and walked through china town located in Montreal. We did some sight seeing, and walked about 2 and a half hours around the city.  We decided to grab a quick early dinner at a small bistro just before grabbing tickets to Cirque du Soleil.  This is an international world famous circus that was absolutely amazing!  The tickets were a bit pricey ranging from about $60 to $300 but I must say that it is well worth the money. I did not even take pictures of the performances because I was to busy watching.  I did not want to take my eyes off these amazing people.  I will not give any details about the show, but I do encourage everyone to go see it.  Although Cirque du Soleil was in complete French I enjoyed every minute of this circus.  It was the complete oppostie of the typical American circus that I am use to.  After the circus we took a casual walk back to the hotel to relax and pack our bags.  It looks like our time in Canada is coming to an abrupt end.  I cannot believe how much I have learned, experienced, and enjoyed this Global Discovery trip.

-D’Vashe’ Moore