IT’S SHOW TIME !!

Ciao ! I could go on and on trying to express what it feels like to be part of this amazing program. Not only we have an outstanding group of people full of excitement and a spirit of adventure, but the places that we will visit next month are magical. This is a dream get away. I want to share something that I found last night while trying to soak myself up with Italy, with this idea that several months back was only an idea, and nothing more. Closer than ever i become more anxious as the day approaches, this quote was perfect for the moment, especially if you watched the movie.
“…so many people live within unhappy circumstances and yet will not take the initiative to change their situation because they are conditioned to a life of security, conformity, and conservatism, all of which may appear to give one peace of mind, but in reality nothing is more damaging to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future. The very basic core of a man’s living spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day, to have a new and different sun. ”
Chris McCandless, ‘Into the Wild’
I am fortunate to say that I have seen many parts of the world, and i thank those experiences because they definitely and ultimately changed the way I see life, my thoughts, my goals. I have high expectations about Italy, and I am positive I will not be disappointed.

About Brandon L'opera

Graphic Design Major student, fascinated by art, by how we create our own happiness in the search of new experiences and knowledge. I see this study abroad as one of those concepts. I am happy to be here and to have the opportunity to share this experience with others. Follow my posts and experience with me this amazing trip to ITALY. Grazie !
This entry was posted in Milan. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to IT’S SHOW TIME !!

1. Stephanie Lusk says:

I am very excited to have the opportunity to go to Italy this summer. I cannot wait to taste the food and see the countryside. The Art in Italy will give me a new appreciation of the finer works by Italian Artist. It is so exciting to have the chance to see the architecture, painting, sculptures and did I mention the food! Pasta, bread, gelato, cheese-I can hardly wait! I am also looking forwarded to getting to know the other students on this trip. We have already started bonding and I believe I will return home with some very good friendships. This trip will not only be a chance for me to learn about the Italian history and culture but a chance for me to grow personally. This is my first time away from my family for this long so I am a little nervous but I cannot wait to begin this adventure!

2. Joann Griggs says:

That’s an excellent quote, and it really couldn’t be more true.

3. Rachel Snow says:

That quote is perfect Brandon. I am grateful for your insight! Thanks for sharing.