First Day!

Italy so far has been amazing! Words can not describe how beautiful this country truly is. From the nature, to the people and even the language, it is all indescribable. Yesterday was our first day of class and I must say we were all pretty excited. We met our teacher Giuliana and our student teacher Patricia. Giuliana and Patricia were both very welcoming and also spoke great English which is a plus. Class here is nothing like you would expect. We were only in the classroom for about 15 minutes and then it was off to explore the city of Milan. Milan is an upbeat, fast moving city and they travel everywhere on foot, metro or bus. I am from the country so it took me a little while to get used to this but I caught on fast. Today we saw The Last Supper in person and I was amazed. I had no idea that it was that big in reality. When I first walked into the room, I was shocked. This painting is so famous and I remember growing up around it at my church but I never dreamed of seeing it in person. It is one of those experiences that a person will never forget. You have to see it to believe it. After that we went to a historical museum of Milan. I am a history nerd so this was probably my favorite thing that I have seen so far. At this museum there was a part of history that still stands. It was part of the wall that surrounded the city when it was first built. Next to the wall was the only tower still standing today. It is amazing how something from so long ago is still standing after all these years. We also got to see different artifacts from that time period. There were different types of beautiful mosaic artworks and some of the stone that they used to build things with. Everything we have seen so far has been overwhelming and much more detailed than I expected, but that is what is making this trip memorable and wonderful!

This entry was posted in Milan. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to First Day!

1. Rachel Snow says:

So glad you are enjoying the trip so far!