Week 2

This weekend had been exactly what I needed. It’s been nice to get some rest from the hustle and bustle of the past two weeks. The weather over the past few days has been perfect for that as well. It’s been pretty dreary. This was definitely a disadvantage as far as Lake Como was concerned, but otherwise it’s been great sleeping weather. Unfortunately, the rain is supposed to extend into the week. Luckily we don’t start class until much later for most of the rest of the trip. Most of this weekend has been a throwback to the beginning of our trip. Saturday night, we visited Navigli once again. I’ve been there three times, and I’m starting to feel like a pro at navigating the place. Sunday, we visted the Turkish restaurant we ate at on the first day we were here. Something out of the ordinary did happen on Sunday, however, and that was the magnitude 6 earthquake that hit Bologna. Stephanie was there for the weekend, so we were all worried, but luckily she was fine. It was sort of surreal because I remember on the train to Florence a week ago, we passed through Bologna and I remember thinking about what a beautiful city it is. It’s a shame that had to happen. Looking at the pictures, it’s astonishing that more people weren’t hurt or killed.

Other than that though, I’ve been looking for a place to spend my last weekend here in Italy. I think I’ve settled on the city of Levanto, which had been called the “door to Cinque Terre”. I’ve wanted to go to a beach this whole time and this might be my chance. It’s only about 2 hours and 45 minutes by train and I wouldn’t have to change trains, which is really convenient. I almost feel guilty about not going to Rome or Venice, but to be totally honest, as much as I’d like to visit those places, there are other places that I’d like to visit over those two. Not to mention, those ruins have been around for thousands of years, I’m sure they will be there for a few more, for the next time I visit Italy. I know there will be a next time.

This entry was posted in Milan. Bookmark the permalink.