Museum + Opera = A Very Tired Girl

Although I am completely exhausted this has been a really fun day.  Today we went to the Museum, Pinacoteca di Brera. It had different classrooms with students working on different types of work. The museum was very interesting because it had a lot of work from famous artist but had a lot of death and dark colors in the paintings. This was a bit disturbing after the weekend I have had in Bologna experiencing the earthquake.  However, the classrooms were a really nice experience becasue it was a chance to see what different students were working on and the setup of their classroom. I was very impressed by their work and their opportunities to use different materials in their education.

Tonight we went to the Opera. The show was amazing as well as the building and the stage. The Opera House looks much smaller on the outside than it does on the inside. This building seats 2,000 people and has a very large stage as well as a bar to get concessions. Luckily we had Kevin with us to explain and answer questions about the show. He was very intelligent about catching on to many details and underlying messages that made the opera so amazing. I am so glad I got the opportunity to go to this show in Italy and experience a whole new world.

On our way to the Opera!

About Stephanie Lusk

I am a Special Education Major student at USC Upstate entering my junior year. I love the outdoors, adventure but honestly enjoy life no matter where I am or what I am doing. I am so blessed to spend Maymester in Milan, Italy where I want to experience the culture, art, food and beautiful countryside. Follow my blog and facebook to see my adventures! http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150817221657336.407876.674417335&type=3
This entry was posted in Milan. Bookmark the permalink.