Last Weekend

There’s something about being the only person you know in a foreign city that just makes you feel so tiny and vulnerable. That’s how I felt Friday and today. Everyone but me was either in Rome, Barcelona, or Como. The upside to this situation however, was that I could sleep as late as I wanted, or take a taxi whenever I wanted, or really do anything I wanted, whenever I wanted, and who doesn’t love that? Friday, I went back the Navigli neighborhood to get some dinner and maybe do a little shopping. I ended up getting some Japanese food (of course) and picking up a few souvenirs, (jewelry is a girl’s best friend). Unfortunately, my adventures were cut short by some unplanned thunder and lightning. I am proud to say that I did get on and off of the bus at the right stops with out ending up in Switzerland, which I thought was quite an accomplishment. Today, I slept in again, and then decided to start my exploration at the Duomo. I started to notice that shops look the most appealing when you’re with a group and can’t go in. I was able to pick up  a few last minute souvenirs for people, which took off a little stress, but the fact that the entire area was more crowded than I’d ever seen it was a bit of a turn off. It was nice to be able to see the area at my own pace and just bask in my situation. I ate dinner in the Galleria, at a restaurant that I’d eaten at with Stephanie before. It was quick and cheap, which was handy, because I was really ready to get to get out of there so I could start packing, and endeavor that I am definitely not looking forward to.

This entry was posted in Milan. Bookmark the permalink.