Come hear stories from your colleagues in a TEDx style format and celebrate SL/CE at Upstate.
Join us in CLC 309 for a sandwich & salad buffet lunch @ 11:45.
Sessions start run from 12:00 to 2:30.
Eight SL/CE stars will share their personal stories including, but not limited to:
- Overview of their SL/CE experience
- How they got started
- Contributions to student retention
- Connecting disciplinary content & SL/CE
- Lessons learned (good & not so good)
- Best & worst SL/CE experiences
Session One: 12:00 – 1:15
– Latasha Gooden (Nursing)
– Araceli Hernandez-Laroche (French)
– Courtney McDonald (Criminal Justice)
– Stephanie King-Mattingly (Communications)
Session Two: 1:15 – 2:30
– Esther Godfrey (Women’s & Gender Studies)
– Stephanie Barnhill (Nursing)
– Renu Pariyadath (Speech Communications)
– Ginny Webb (Biology)
Interested in hearing more student voices?
Come hear student voices talking about their community engaged research & their service learning experiences at the Upstate Symposium on April 8th at 3:15 in CLC 103 (time and location subject to change). We’ll start with two papers discussing perceptions of dialect prejudice in social and educational settings, then we’ll have a panel of students talking about Serving for the Grade & So Much More.