Based on our membership in Campus Compact, Chancellor Harris has the opportunity to forward ONE Upstate candidate for the prestigious Newman Civic Fellowship.
Do you know a student who:
- Engages in collaborative action with others from campus or from surrounding communities in order to create long-term social change
- Takes action in addressing issues of inequality and political polarization
- Demonstrates the motivation and potential for effective long-term civic engagement
- Will still be enrolled (here or at another Campus Compact institution) in academic year 2022-24
If you know a student who matches the qualifications above, please submit their name, email address, and a single paragraph describing how they match the above qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org For full details on the scholarship, please visit compact.org/newman-nomination
Deadline for Nominations: January 20
Each nominated student will be invited to complete application materials (statement of service, resume, and cover letter) by a deadline in early February.
Preference will be given to students from backgrounds traditionally underrepresented in higher education.
Per sponsor, Campus Compact, the Newman Civic Fellowship experience is “designed to help students learn to collaborate effectively across disciplines and to apply their skills to directly create positive change in their communities.” Including:
- Regular virtual events focused on skill development and professional learning
- An annual in-person Convening of Fellows
- One-on-one leadership development with a local mentor of their choice
- Connection to a nationwide network of engaged student leaders, both during and after the fellowship year
- Public national recognition
- Special scholarship and career opportunities
- Opportunities to present or publish work through Campus Compact
Past Newman Scholars include:
Thank you for helping us recognize and celebrate our amazing students!!