This is the space to keep abreast of cool things that are happening in Upstate’s SL/CE world.
On the SL/CE of Upstate page, you’ll find information about SL/CE: celebrations & awards, professional development opportunities, and ways we all can collaborate to better reach our students and our community
SL/CE Stories center around the theme “we care and are doing something about it.” Topics vary. Styles vary. SL/CE practitioners are invited to author their own stories. Stories matter!
The list below combines all SL/CE blog posts without category.
- SL/CE in U101 in Fall ’22Support U101. Visit the Sharing our Service event Thursday 11/17. U101 peer leaders share posters about their section’s community projects! Great things are happening inContinue reading “SL/CE in U101 in Fall ’22”
- Spring ’23 Class ListPlease join me in celebrating the resurgence of SL/CE courses for our students. As of this writing, we have 27 unique sections officially designated asContinue reading “Spring ’23 Class List”
- SL/CE Menu: SL, SE, CEWanting to celebrate and track the breadth of community-connected offerings we provide at Upstate, the Office of Service Learning and Community Engagement has developed threeContinue reading “SL/CE Menu: SL, SE, CE”
- Practicums, Clinicals, and Internships (PCIs) as CEWe recognize the immense value of experiential learning in developing career readiness in our students. Seeking to celebrate and support this without duplicating the importantContinue reading “Practicums, Clinicals, and Internships (PCIs) as CE”
- Support for SL/CE CoursesThe Office of Service Learning & Community Engagement is here to support you and your students! Below we detail some of the key funding supportsContinue reading “Support for SL/CE Courses”
- SL/CE Classes Spring ’23Want better grades, a higher sense of involvement, greater satisfaction with school, and practical application of career skills? Research shows Service Learning and Community EngagementContinue reading “SL/CE Classes Spring ’23”
- GSP Mock Disaster Press ConferenceGreenville-Spartanburg Airport Disaster Drill Communication students and faculty (and a few other Upstate folks) participated in a press conference as part of a training-focused mockContinue reading “GSP Mock Disaster Press Conference”
- BMW: German-American Transatlantic RelationsApproximately 40 students from a variety of majors across USC Upstate participated in an introduction to BMW and the global workplace. Upstate students were joinedContinue reading “BMW: German-American Transatlantic Relations”
- SL/CE Teacher of the Year 2021-22Matthew Brisebois, is our SL/CE Teacher of the Year for 2021-22. This year we have combined our SL/CE faculty awards into one. Matthew is AssistantContinue reading “SL/CE Teacher of the Year 2021-22”
- Collaboratory – April/May 22Capturing the amazing community-engaged activities happening across campus.This month’s update includes:– Drawing winners– Call to contribute– Progress update NEWS-AT-A-GLANCE April Drawing Winners: Alex Lorenz &Continue reading “Collaboratory – April/May 22”