This is the space to keep abreast of cool things that are happening in Upstate’s SL/CE world.
On the SL/CE for Instructors page, you’ll find information about SL/CE: celebrations & awards, professional development opportunities, and ways we all can collaborate to better reach our students and our community
SL/CE Stories center around the theme “we care and are doing something about it.” Topics vary. Styles vary. SL/CE practitioners are invited to author their own stories. Stories matter!
SL/CE for Students shares much of this same content, but for the student audience.
The list below displays all the most recent SL/CE blog posts.
- Fall ’23 Class ListPlease join me in celebrating the resurgence of SL/CE courses for our students. As of this writing, we have 31 unique sections officially designated asContinue reading “Fall ’23 Class List”
- SL/CE Spring ShowcaseOn 4/4 from 12:00-2:30, come hear fantastic stories of service happening in SL/CE courses around campus. Following SLCE ‘Best Practice”, this year, we will hearContinue reading “SL/CE Spring Showcase”
- Celebration of Service ’23Celebrate the GREAT work being done in Service Learning and Community Engagement by faculty, staff, students, and community partners! Nominations for selected student awards isContinue reading “Celebration of Service ’23”
- Summer Bootcamp on Experiential Learning in General Education (SE in GE)A few open seats remain the SE in GE bootcamp scheduled for July 11-13. Use this application form if you’re interested! Overview: – Live meetingsContinue reading “Summer Bootcamp on Experiential Learning in General Education (SE in GE)”
- Institute on Teaching Social ActionIf you’re interested in developing a class utilizing social action, please consider applying for this virtual Summer Institute on Teaching Social Action on June 6-8Continue reading “Institute on Teaching Social Action”
- SL/CE AwardsHelp Us Celebrate! Deadline Wednesday, March 15 Calling for applications & nominations for the 2023 Celebration of Service. Please APPLY for one or more awardsContinue reading “SL/CE Awards”
- Apply NOW: SE in GE BootcampThe AACU IEIL Experiential Learning in Gen Ed taskforce, in cooperation with the Office of Service Learning and Community Engagement, CAIFS and the Provost’s office,Continue reading “Apply NOW: SE in GE Bootcamp”
- SL/CE BriefsShort on time, but want to know more about why SL/CE is important? Five briefs, published in 2023, from North Carolina Campus Engagement make theContinue reading “SL/CE Briefs”
- Spring 2023 EventsMarch 2 (Thurs) 12:15-1:30; CLC 309 Non-Profit Career Panel A panel of non-profit experts will discuss the non-profit world and career opportunities in our communityContinue reading “Spring 2023 Events”
- Sweep the ShoalsVolunteering Opportunity Litter pick up at Glendale Shoals351 Broadway St., SpartanburgSaturday, February, 119:00-11:00 Heavy rains bring heavy litter. Help remove unsightly and harmful litter fromContinue reading “Sweep the Shoals”