Find Your Resources
Please use your USC Upstate email (all links open in a new tab) username and password to login to view resources located on the Spartan Hub. Forgot your password? You may need to set up your password recovery contact information before you reset your password.
All USC Upstate students have free access to Microsoft 365 tools for Mac or PC, including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. To access these resources, visit this link and follow the instructions.
- Find deadlines, start and end dates, withdrawal dates, holidays, and breaks on our Academic Calendar.
- Review your Final Exam Schedule
As a USC Upstate student, you have access to a range of support services and resources to support your academic progress, physical and mental health, basic needs, food security, career management, wellness, and much more. Links to the full range of student services are available on the Virtual Student Services page or Current Students Web site.
USC Upstate offers counseling services, medication management, psychological testing, and outreach services, along with 24/7 after hours crisis support for enrolled students. You can contact counseling services at 864-503-5195 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessibility and Accommodations
USC Upstate supports the ongoing development of an accessible university that embraces diversity through educational programming, services, resources, and facilities that are usable by all members of the campus community. In keeping with University policy, any student with a disability who requests academic accommodations should contact Disability Services at 864-503-5199 to arrange an appointment with a Disability Services staff member. Students are encouraged to seek an appointment as early in the semester as possible, as accommodations are not provided retroactively.
USC Upstate partners with the Neurodiversity Hub and offers a range of resources to meet the needs of neurodivergent students.
Student Success Center and Other Academic Support Services
In partnership with USC faculty, the Student Success Center offers a number of programs to assist you in better understanding your course material and to aid you on your path to success.
- Peer tutoring: You can schedule an online appointment with a peer tutor through QuadC. Login with their USC Upstate credentials. Tutoring is available in person or virtually. Tutoring requests must be made a minimum of 24 hours in advance. If a course is unavailable, please contact the Student Success Center at 864-503-5392 for assistance.
- Supplemental Instruction (SI): Student SI leaders are assigned to specific sections of courses and hold weekly study sessions. Sessions focus on the most difficult content being covered in the class.
- Writing Center: Improve your college-level writing skills by bringing writing assignments from any of your classes to a Peer Writing Tutor.
- Math Lab: The Math Lab in Library, Room 263, offers drop-in tutoring Monday – Thursday, 12 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Career Management: Connect your learning and degree to the career goals that motivate you. Services include mock interviews, internships, career fairs, professionalism events, and a free Career Closet to help you get started with your professional wardrobe.
- Advising Services
Bookstore and Inclusive Access
The USC Upstate Bookstore is the place to look up your required textbooks and purchase or rent books, e-books, computer access codes, and other supplies and gear. USC Upstate also participates in Inclusive Access to deliver ebooks to students at a reduced cost, on or before the first day of class by adding your textbook rental fees directly to your tuition bill. You always have the choice to “opt out” of the service by the deadline posted–within the drop/add period in the first few days of a regular semester or the first day of a shorter term. If you are using Inclusive Access but you don’t see the content in your Blackboard course, reach out to your instructor or the Bookstore right away.
If you have problems with your computer, technology, IT-related questions, or need for technology or network support, please contact the Division of Information Technology Help Desk at 864.503.5257 or email email@example.com. The Help Desk in the lower level of the John D. Stockwell Administration Building is open Monday-Thursday from 8:00 AM-10:00 PM, 8-5 on Fridays, and 5-10 on Sundays. The USC Upstate Library also has a late-night computer lab just inside the main entrance.
Support guides for using Blackboard, your course Learning Management System (LMS), are available in the Spartan Hub using your USC Upstate email username and password.
Privacy and Accessibility
Your privacy and ability to access course resources matter. Please see our collection of Privacy and Accessibility Statements for applications commonly used in USC Upstate courses. Learners who have concerns about the privacy or accessibility of course applications may request alternatives from their instructor or accommodations through Disability Services.
Should you wish to raise a concern or provide feedback during your time at USC Upstate, we are here to listen and respond. Please complete the relevant feedback form with as much detail as possible. We promise that your issue will receive the care it deserves.
Student Code of Conduct and Code of Academic Integrity
The University community is committed to fostering a campus environment that is conducive to the transmission of truth, academic inquiry, a productive campus life, thoughtful study and discourse, and free expression. The student conduct program within the Dean of Students Office is committed to an educational and developmental process that balances the interests of individual students with the interests of the University community. Your rights and responsibilities are outlined in the Student Code of Conduct and the Code of Academic Integrity.