When you sit down together at the Spartans Table, you belong.
The Spartans Table program offers students, faculty, and staff an opportunity to interact in informal settings in the Spartan Cafe in the Sansbury Campus Life Center or the Perk Up Cafe in the Library. Have your lunch or afternoon coffee on us.
To belong in a space is to feel accepted, comfortable, valued, heard, seen, and comfortable. It is to be recognized as a fellow human sharing the same journey. Advising and mentoring practices that humanize our relationships with each other increase students’ sense of belonging and make it easier for them to succeed.
One great way to break the ice in a relationship is by breaking bread together. Spartans Table makes is easy for faculty and staff who work with, mentor, advise, or teach students to engage in these informal relationship-building activities.
How to Get Started
- Faculty or staff fill out this request form
- Upon completion of the form, you will be emailed tickets for yourself and your student(s)
- Redeem the tickets at the cashier’s station
- Fill out the very brief survey that will be emailed to both you and your students following your meeting.
*Faculty/staff may participate in the program twice per term. Expenses may be covered once per student, per course, per term.
- What is your favorite place on campus and why?
- What classes are you looking forward to taking and why?
- What is the most surprising thing you’ve learned so far?
- What out of class experiences are you most excited about?
- When you have faced challenges in the past, how have you addressed them?
- Where you do imagine yourself in five years, and what’s your next step to getting there?